What are the semiconductor devices? How to categorize?
Semiconductor equipment refers to the production equipment required for the production of various types of semiconductor products,semiconductor system which is ...
Semiconductor equipment refers to the production equipment required for the production of various types of semiconductor products,semiconductor system which is the key support link of the semiconductor industry chain. Semiconductor equipment in the semiconductor industry plays the role of a technology pioneer, chip design, wafer manufacturing and packaging testing, etc. need to be designed and manufactured within the scope of the equipment technology allows, and the technological progress of the equipment will, in turn, promote the development of the semiconductor industry.
To the semiconductor industry chain in the highest technical difficulty, the largest value-added, the most complex process of integrated circuits, for example, equipment used in the field of integrated circuits can usually be divided into two major categories of front-channel process equipment (wafer manufacturing) and back-channel process equipment (packaging and testing).
In the front-channel wafer manufacturing in the seven major steps, each step requires specific semiconductor equipment to complete. Specifically as follows:
First, oxidation / diffusion / annealing
1. Diffusion furnace: used for large-scale integrated circuits, discrete devices, power electronics, optoelectronic devices and optical fibers and other industries, such as diffusion, oxidation, annealing, alloying and sintering processes. The main purpose of the diffusion furnace is to dope semiconductor wafers at high temperatures,semiconductor test system changing and controlling the type, concentration and distribution of impurities within the semiconductor in order to establish different electrical characteristics of the region.
2. Oxidation Furnace: Provide the required oxidizing atmosphere for the semiconductor material to achieve the oxidation treatment expected by the semiconductor design. The oxidizing furnace is an integral part of the semiconductor process.
3. Annealing Furnace: is a process equipment used to affect the electrical properties of semiconductor devices. Heat treatment can heat the wafer to activate the dopant, convert the film into a thin film or convert the film into a wafer substrate interface, make dense deposited film, change the state of the growing film, repair the injected damage, move the dopant or transfer the dopant from one film to another or from the film into the wafer substrate.
Photolithography is the main process in the production of planar transistors and integrated circuits, is the mask on the surface of the semiconductor wafer (such as silicon dioxide) to open holes, in order to carry out the impurities of the fixed-domain diffusion of a processing technology. General photolithography process to go through the silicon wafer surface cleaning and drying, coating the bottom, spin coating photoresist, soft baking, alignment exposure, post-baking, developing, hard baking, etching, testing and other processes.
1. Coating and developing equipment: the use of robots to realize the wafer in the transfer between the systems and processing, and photolithography to reach a perfect match to complete the wafer photoresist coating, curing, developing and other processes.semiconductor solutions Coating the performance of the developer not only on the formation of fine exposure caused by the direct impact, and its development process of graphic quality and error control on the subsequent etching, ion implantation process in the graphic transfer results also have a profound impact.
2. Lithography equipment: commonly known as photolithography (Mask Aligner), also known as mask alignment exposure machine, exposure system, lithography system, etc., is the core equipment for manufacturing chips. It uses a technology similar to photo developing, the mask plate on the fine graphics through the exposure of light printed on the silicon wafer. Photolithography is the core equipment for the production of large-scale integrated circuits, which requires the mastery of profound optical and electronic industrial technology, and is mastered by only a few manufacturers in the world. Moreover, photolithography is expensive, usually between 30 million and 500 million dollars.
3. Alignment detection equipment: mainly used in lithography process mask template and wafer alignment, chip bonding chip and substrate alignment, surface assembly process components and PCB substrate alignment, but also applied to a variety of processes, such as wafer testing, wafer scribing, a variety of laser processing process. Precision detection technology is the basis of alignment detection, detection methods are mainly optical detection method and photoelectric detection method.